Release notes 2.2
Love Bluetooth brands that don’t talk to each other? Neither do we! That’s why the following release is one we are extremely proud of. On top of your current OBi connectivity, your device can now also seamlessly communicate with the latest generation Senas, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Forget the hassle of using Bluetooth devices of different brands. The experience will be as seamless as connecting and communicating between two devices of the same brand and won’t require universal pairing on either side. Just pair, connect, and go.
- Eat the cake and keep it whole! No more sacrificing the mobile connection channels, you will keep the ability to receive phone calls, and navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Please note that, just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
Release Notes 2.1
Enjoy unnecessary wind noise? Neither are we! This release corrects a bug that resulted in more apparent wind noise breaking through the microphone.
- Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu)
- If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you! The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
Release Notes 2.0
We’ve made significant improvements to the software’s functionality and resolved any outstanding bugs for a better user experience.
What is this feature for?
The intercom recording feature allows you to easily record your voice and Intercom conversation, save it to your Phone, and share it with just about anyone.
Which Cardo units support this feature?
PACKTALK EDGE (including all derivatives), PACKTALK NEO and PACKTALK CUSTOM (with Platinum Package)
Is the feature available with any version of the Cardo Connect App?
The feature is available with Cardo Connect App version 7.0 or higher.
Can I record intercom conversations with any other DMC unit?
You can record any intercom conversation in DMC mode. With a DMC intercom conversation using Bluetooth intercom bridge with any Bluetooth unit (Cardo or non-Cardo), it will be recorded as well.
Can I record intercom conversations in Bluetooth mode?
No, Intercom conversations can be recorded only on DMC mode.
Can I record my voice?
Yes, you can record your voice regardless of the intercom mode. Note, though, that when recording your voice,
music or phone calls interrupt your recording.
Can I pause and resume recording?
Yes, you can do that, this option is available in the Cardo Connect App.
What happens if I receive a phone call during a recording?
In this scenario the recording will be paused but will be resumed automatically after the call if the App is in the foreground. You can always resume the recording manually via the Cardo Connect App.
How do I save the recording?
When you’re done recording, you need to press the “Save” button, otherwise your recording will not be saved.
Can the recording be shared?
Absolutely – a recording saved on the phone can be shared with any external App that supports file sharing such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Dropbox and the like.
Can I remove the “Voice Recording” button from the home screen if I don’t need it?
Yes, you can remove the Voice Recording button from the home screen or bring it back at any time in the settings menu.
Watch the tutorial for more information.
You absolutely can. Use Cardo Connect App to purchase and manage your package at any moment.
Yes, they absolutely are. Once you chose a package and completed the payment process, you will receive a notification indicating that your unit has been updated with the features you chose and a tutorial on how to use your new features.
You can pay either via the App store or via Google Play Store. Packages automatically renew at the end of the subscription period.
PACKTALK CUSTOM is fully compatible with all Cardo DMC units. If you subscribe to the Gold or the Platinum package, you can also connect to all Cardo Bluetooth units using either regular Bluetooth or Live Intercom (Freecom X).
Packages automatically renew at the end of the subscription period.
Frequently asked questions
With the Gold or Platinum Package, your device can seamlessly communicate with the latest generations of Sena, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Pairing and communicating is the same as between two devices of the same brand. No need for universal pairing on either side. Follow the manuals’ instructions and start standard intercom pairing on both devices. Wait for the devices to pair. The intercom connection starts automatically after the pairing.
- You will keep the ability to receive phone calls, navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
With Midland, Uclear and Sena latest generations communicators, the Bluetooth pairing will be identical as pairing to another Cardo unit.
In order to pair your unit with a non-Cardo headset please do the following:
- Start intercom pairing on your unit (please refer to your pocket guide or user manual on how to do it)
- On the other unit start universal pairing(if supported) or mobile phone pairing(if universal pairing is not supported)
- Wait For the pairing to complete
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.