Firmware upgrade (version 5.6) release notes:
- Share music with your passenger in DMC mode! Just make sure to pair your passenger in Bluetooth, then in DMC (and pick a playlist worth sharing), and you’re good to ride.
- Riding in Bluetooth mode? Now all mobile phone platforms can enjoy a premium DMC feature- listening to music or navigation while talking through your Bluetooth intercom. Go update your Cardo Connect app and activate ‘Audio Mixing’ in the ‘Audio Settings’.
- The world’s best communicator is even more robust with improvements to the DMC intercom’s razor-sharp connectivity. How sharp? Supermoto cornering sharp.
- We’ve caught some Bugs on our visor and had them cleaned off.
- View video on PACKTALK firmware update V5.6
Firmware upgrade (version 5.3) release notes:
- To all our riders who like Lasagna, Paella, and Sushi, we have cleared all unnecessary spices in the Natural Voice Operation in Italian, Spanish, and Japanese. You can now ride, and use your unit hands-free with your improved Natural Voice Operation supported units ( PACKTALK Bold, PACKTALK Slim, FREECOM4+). For this feature to take effect, you also need to update your Cardo Connect App.
- “Voice recognition sensitivity” is now supported through the Cardo Connect App, and allows you to tune your Natural Voice Operation experience.
- While connected to a DMC group, you’ll now notice an even better Audio Mixing experience.
- We have caught some Bugs on our visor and had them cleaned off.
Firmware upgrade (version 5.2) release notes:
- If you are using an Android mobile phone and the Spotify digital music App, you may have experienced some issues playing or stopping your music. We wanted to let you know that we have fixed this issue, so you can go back to enjoying your music while you ride.
Firmware upgrade (version 5.1) release notes:
- To all the lucky riders who love their sound quality and have decided to purchase the 45mm Audio Set, Sound by JBL, you can now activate the JBL experience using the Cardo Connect App. Enjoy your new speakers!
- Our Natural Voice Operation now supports UK English, which will now enable it to accept additional English accents. Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Scots, South Africans, and other riders with different accents will feel the improvement.
- Bug fixes in music playing via a few models of mobile devices, so that everyone could enjoy the best audio quality, listening to their music.
- Did you ever get to change the system announce volume by mistake on standby mode? That was a bit confusing, right? We decided to cancel that option to avoid confusion. You can easily change the system volume settings, by simply using the “Cardo Connect” App.
- To all our French and Spanish speaking riders, it is now easier to call “Siri.” Just say “Dis Siri” or “Oye Siri.”
- You can now easily choose your language, using the “Cardo Connect” App. No need to use the community or choose regions anymore.
- Our Unit will now be politer to our Japanese riders and will say “Sayonara,” rather than “goodbye.”
- Like always, some more bug fixes that will make your riding experience even better.
Cardo Community page used for Software update is currently not compatible with Safari browser.
Please use one of these supported browsers; Chrome, FireFox and Edge browsers are supported.
Software Update v4.2
- Version 4.2 enables to take full advantage of motorcycle infotainment systems and GPS devices.*
This new feature will allow you to use your bike’s infotainment system (Such as BMW’s TFT and similar systems) or a 3rd party GPS device, as a connecting platform between the phone and your Cardo unit.
*Actual performance may differ from system to system
- Improved phone call sound quality for iOS devices with version 11.2.5 and up.
- Natural Voice Operation support for Russian and Chinese languages
- Minor Bug fixes
Software Update v4.0
New added features and usability:
- Simplified button operation (about 15% different than current button layout)
- Computability with the ALL-NEW Cardo Connect App (iOS / Android)
- Support for future upgrades
- Major bug fixes
- Improved operability
By upgrading the following functions will not be available anymore:
- Current button operation mapping will be retired
- SmartSet app (iOS / Android) compatibility – retired
- Click-to-link – retired
- 1+8 intercom toggle – retired
- Voice menus – retired
- Music scan – retired
- FM auto tuning – retired
Register your unit on the Cardo Update:
For more information, watch the video below:
Make sure you have the most updated firmware on the Cardo Update:
Ensure your unit is installed according to the installation guide
Download the app for your unit from the App store or Google Play
Frequently asked questions
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.