Packtalk Edge Off-Road Vehicles
Release notes 3.2
Love Bluetooth brands that don’t talk to each other? Neither do we! That’s why the following release is one we are extremely proud of. On top of your current OBi connectivity, your device can now also seamlessly communicate with the latest generation Senas, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Forget the hassle of using Bluetooth devices of different brands. The experience will be as seamless as connecting and communicating between two devices of the same brand and won’t require universal pairing on either side. Just pair, connect, and go.
- Eat the cake and keep it whole! No more sacrificing the mobile connection channels, you will keep the ability to receive phone calls, and navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Please note that, just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
Release Notes 3.1
Enjoy unnecessary wind noise? Neither are we! This release corrects a bug that resulted in more apparent wind noise breaking through the microphone.
* Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu) *
If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you!
The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
What is this feature for?
The intercom recording feature allows you to easily record your voice and Intercom conversation, save it to your Phone, and share it with just about anyone.
Which Cardo units support this feature?
PACKTALK EDGE (including all derivatives), PACKTALK NEO and PACKTALK CUSTOM (with Platinum Package)
Is the feature available with any version of the Cardo Connect App?
The feature is available with Cardo Connect App version 7.0 or higher.
Can I record intercom conversations with any other DMC unit?
You can record any intercom conversation in DMC mode. With a DMC intercom conversation using Bluetooth intercom bridge with any Bluetooth unit (Cardo or non-Cardo), it will be recorded as well.
Can I record intercom conversations in Bluetooth mode?
No, Intercom conversations can be recorded only on DMC mode.
Can I record my voice?
Yes, you can record your voice regardless of the intercom mode. Note, though, that when recording your voice,
music or phone calls interrupt your recording.
Can I pause and resume recording?
Yes, you can do that, this option is available in the Cardo Connect App.
What happens if I receive a phone call during a recording?
In this scenario the recording will be paused but will be resumed automatically after the call if the App is in the foreground. You can always resume the recording manually via the Cardo Connect App.
How do I save the recording?
When you’re done recording, you need to press the “Save” button, otherwise your recording will not be saved.
Can the recording be shared?
Absolutely – a recording saved on the phone can be shared with any external App that supports file sharing such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Dropbox and the like.
Can I remove the “Voice Recording” button from the home screen if I don’t need it?
Yes, you can remove the Voice Recording button from the home screen or bring it back at any time in the settings menu.
Watch the tutorial for more information.
Sure. All Cardo units are mudproof/sandproof/waterproof/dustproof. This means you can ride in any condition, and enjoy top communication.
Dynamic mesh communication (DMC) is a networking technology that allows live in-vehicle connections. DMC will adapt based on the behavior of units in a network to ensure communication is maintained in the best way possible. If one unit leaves the network, all other units work together to leap frog that signal. Once a unit comes back within range it automatically re-joins the group.
Cardo offers an extended 3-year warranty for PACKTALK EDGE, starting from the date of purchase, that covers product failures as detailed in the warranty document. Please keep your proof of purchase to reclaim your warranty.
Yes, intercom and music streaming can be active at the same time. Whenever someone in the intercom network speaks, your PACKTALK will automatically lower the volume of your music so you can hear what they say.
Yes, with Cardo Connect App, you can define your personal settings and operate the main features such as Intercom, Grouping, Music, Phone, update your unit over the air, and more.
Packtalk Outdoor will keep you connected for up to 10 hours at temperatures as low as -200C (-50F). Fast charge your unit for 20 minutes to get 2 hours of talk-time.
Frequently asked questions
- Easier and faster pairing process: The pairing is rapid, lightning-fast, pairing a group of 10 communicators takes no more than a few seconds. We’ve also simplified the process itself by removing the group admin function. With DMC gen 2 pairing has never been so easy and so fast.
- Wideband intercom: DMC gen 2 provides a crystal clear wideband intercom voice szecond to none. Expect sound quality akeen to a good video conference.
- Air Mount: a completely revolutionary, simple, and secure magnetic mount.
- DMC 2nd generation: lightning-fast pairing and a crystal clear wideband intercom voice
- A complete redesigned sound system by JBL
- An improved natural voice operation with an improved noise-filtering microphone. PACKTALK EDGE is powered by Bluetooth 5.2, and also features in addition:
- Fast charging: 2 hours of talk time after 20 minutes of charge
- A robust USB Type-C port
- Over-the-air software uploaded via the Cardo Connect app.
With Midland, Uclear and Sena latest generations communicators, the Bluetooth pairing will be identical as pairing to another Cardo unit.
In order to pair your unit with a non-Cardo headset please do the following:
- Start intercom pairing on your unit (please refer to your pocket guide or user manual on how to do it)
- On the other unit start universal pairing(if supported) or mobile phone pairing(if universal pairing is not supported)
- Wait For the pairing to complete
- You should charge your battery from a wall outlet while making sure that the plug-in AC/DC adapter meets the following criteria: Input: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.2; Maximum Output: 5 V DC, 1 A; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if charged otherwise.
- You should be aware that the battery charging surroundings temperature limits are 0° - 40°C (32°-104°F);
- You should not tamper with the battery; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.”
Your device can seamlessly communicate with the latest generations of Sena, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Pairing and communicating is the same as between two devices of the same brand. No need for universal pairing on either side. Follow the manuals’ instructions and start standard intercom pairing on both devices. Wait for the devices to pair. The intercom connection starts automatically after the pairing.
- You will keep the ability to receive phone calls, navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.