Is my unit still under warranty?
All Cardo units come with a 2-year warranty, starting from the date of purchase.
Please keep your proof of purchase in order to reclaim your warranty.
Your first point of warranty service is your dealer.
How can I improve my sound quality?
Sound quality is best when the speakers are placed directly opposite your ear canal. Verify that the speakers are correctly placed inside your helmet by following the next steps.
1. With the helmet on, slide your finger inside the helmet and press against the side of the helmet where your ear is. This is where the speakers should be positioned.
2. Remove the helmet, but keep your finger in that spot. Check to make sure the speakers are in this position.
3. Make sure the speakers are positioned as close to your ear as possible so you can feel them. If necessary, use the included Velcro booster pads behind the speakers to get them closer to your ear.
4. Since every head is different, you may find that your helmet ear cavities are not placed optimally. If this is the case consider placing the speakers outside your helmet ear cavities right opposite your ears.
How can I get more riding time out of my battery?
Your product comes with a Charge while riding feature that allows you to plug in the unit into the bike's 12V charger or a power bank, and continue riding long after the standard battery time has passed.
In order to do it, just plug your unit into the power source – the unit will shut down. Turn it back on again and you're set.
Which mobile app do I need to download for my device?
For PACTALK, PACTALK Bold, PACTALK Slim, SMARTPACK, SMARTH, FREECOM 1, FREECOM 2, and FREECOM 4 – you should get the new Cardo connect app (please note that in order to fully enjoy it's capabilities, you would need to upgrade your unit's firmware to the latest version.
For Qz, Q1, Q3, G9, G9x, SRC V1.1, SRC Pro, Louis special edition, and SHO-1 – you should get the Cardo Smartset app (the Qz, Q1, G9 and SRC are only supported in Android).
How to pair to a non-Cardo headset using universal connectivity (Cardo Gateway)
In order to pair your unit with a non-Cardo headset please do the following:
1. Start intercom pairing on your unit (please refer to your product's pocket guide or user manual on how to do it).
2. Tap the phone button to start Cardo Gateway pairing
3. On the other unit start mobile phone pairing
4. Wait For the paring to complete
How do I make sure that my unit's battery lasts as long as possible?
We recommend not to leave your unit unused or in storage for more than 3 months without charging. Be sure to plug your unit at least once every 3 months for full 4 hours to ensure maximum battery life.
Is it possible to use it with my own earbuds / speakers?
While your unit comes right out of the box with one of the best set of speakers in the business, you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the standard 3.5mm jack and ride on.
Friends tell me my voice doesn’t come out clear. What can I do?
If you are using a boom mic, make sure your mic is as close to your mouth as possible. Search for the small yellow triangle near the boom and make sure it faces your mouth.
If the issue is noise from wind turbulence, put a larger mic sponge on the mic to help reduce it. The larger sponge is included in your package accessories. If you cannot find it you can purchase it as part of a replacement microphone.
The unit doesn't seem to be charging or the Battery seems to not last as long as it should
Plug in your unit to the charger and leave it charging for at least 4 hours straight.
If this does not work, try using a different wall charger and USB cable.
If the unit still doesn’t charge, please contact support.
DO NOT attempt to disassemble or replace the battery on your own.
DO NOT open the unit. It will no longer be waterproof!
If your unit is out of warranty, you can find replacement batteries on 3rd party’s websites and in specialty electronics retailers. That said, we DO NOT recommend replacing parts on your own, for risk of water, dirt and general electronics damage.