How do I activate my 45mm Audio set?
- Don't have our "Cardo Connect" app yet? Now would be a good time to download it for FREE from the"Google Play" or "App Store". Get ready to elevate your sound experience!
- App downloaded, now it's time to pair your mobile phone to the Cardo device so they can communicate with each other.
- Let the activation begin. Open the "Cardo Connect" app and go to the "settings" screen by pressing the icon on the upper left side of the home screen.
- In the "settings" screen you will see the "Audio profile" with a lock on its right side, click on the lock.
- Press the "audio profiles" where you will find the "Scan QR code" button. You are just one step away from upgrading your sound...
- Once you press "Scan QRcode," you will be able to scan the QR code, printed inside your audio kit package.
- If you can't scan the QR code, press "enter the key manually". You can then enter the code printed below the QR code.
- Congratulations, you now have the best in class audio experience — enjoy and feel free to share it on social media.
- The QR code attached to the 45mm audio set is good for one unit only.
What sound profiles are available with the 45mm Audio set?
Packtalk owners (including all Packtalk variants, Smartpack & SmartH) will enjoy three sound profiles specially designed by JBL sound engineers.
These include Standard, Bass Boost, and Vocal. Sound profiles are accessible via the Cardo Connect App. Freecom owners will enjoy one audio profile (Standard). Other communicators do not have specially designed profiles.
Will the 45mm set fit inside my helmet?
The 45mm Audio Set is designed with a narrow 42mm base which means it would fit most modern helmets.
If you are replacing a currently installed Cardo 40mm speakers, it is almost certain the new pair will fit inside.
When in doubt, measure your Helmet’s ear cavities before ordering.
Do I need to upgrade the firmware of my device before installing?
Owners of Packtalk (including all Packtalk variants, Smartpack & SmatH) and Freecoms, will first need to update device firmware to the latest version before proceeding. Updating the firmware will ensure maximum audio performance. Owners of other communicators (from Cardo, or other brands) do not have a specially designed firmware and are not requested to perform any firmware update before connecting the speakers.
Which motorcycle communication system is compatible with the 45mm Audio set?
The 45mm Audio Set fit any communicator with a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Packtalk & Freecom owners will enjoy additional sound boost by installing and activating the specially-designed JBL firmware.
I have already purchased a “Sound by JBL” Cardo product. Do I need to purchase the 45mm Audio set”?
While your 2019 Packtalk Bold, Packtalk Slim, and Freecom 4+ come already equipped with Sound by JBL speakers and firmware, the 45mm Audio Set will allow for an even further improvement to your audio experience. No firmware update is needed.