Release Notes 3.1
* Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu) *
If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you!
The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
Release Notes 3.0
The below notes refer to users of FREECOM 4x, FREECOM 2x, SPIRIT HD and SPIRIT.
- Your unit now supports Open Bluetooth Intercom (Obi) – a new cross-industry standard allowing supported units from Cardo, Midland, and UClear to communicate seamlessly with one another. OBi will be activated automatically when paired to a supported device. No further toggling is needed.
- For non-OBi units, your unit can now integrate with any other Bluetooth brand more seamlessly. All you need to do is to pair your unit in Bluetooth mode like you would do to any other Cardo Unit. The other branded unit will pair through its own “universal pairing” channel. No more choosing between pairing to a non-Cardo unit or keeping your phone connection.
- Love leaving voice messages on your messaging app? WeChat, WhatsApp & Skype voice messages will now stream into your device more fluidly
- For our Spanish-speaking audience we say, “Hola Amigos!” We have resolved the issue of the system performing an unwanted “Redial Number” during an intercom chat.
- Two-way radio users (Professionals and first intervention units) the new software version will now allow integrating two-way radio input into an active mobile call. Function needs to be activated via the CardoConnect app setting screen.
- As always, we added some bug fixes. Essentially, it’s like adjusting your chain but without the injured fingers and messy grease stains.
Freecom X & Spirit Software 2.2
- 1) Freecom 4x users will now be able to enjoy new and improved Natural Voice Operation performance, on par with Packtalk Edge.
- We improved music and intercom audio mixing – like a recalibration of your brakes but with better sound! For more information refer to Cardo Connect app 5.7 release notes.
- Added the option to switch between left and right speakers
- Resolved issue of low volume of incoming call ringtone
- Better TFT connection as follows:
- Hey Siri now works seamlessly in KTM TFTs as well as in selected TFTs by other manufacturers.
- Resolved issue with phone call audio when connected to Ducati TFT as well as in selected TFTs by other manufacturers.
- Resolved Pairing issue when connected connected to Ducati TFT as well as in selected TFTs by other manufacturers.
- Resolved Music playing issue when connected to Ducati TFT as well as in selected TFTs by other manufacturers.
- No software improvement is complete without some bug removals. Your visor should now be clean an good to go.
Your intercom and radio features are completely phone independent. You wouldn’t need any phone to operate them. You would need a phone (or some other Bluetooth media player) to stream music and, of course, to make and receive calls.
Sound quality is best when the speakers are placed directly opposite your ear canal. Verify that the speakers are correctly placed inside your helmet by following the next steps.
1. With the helmet on, slide your finger inside the helmet and press against the side of the helmet where your ear is. This is where the speakers should be positioned.
2. Remove the helmet, but keep your finger in that spot. Check to make sure the speakers are in this position.
3. Make sure the speakers are positioned as close to your ear as possible so you can feel them. If necessary, use the included Velcro booster pads behind the speakers to get them closer to your ear.
4. Since every head is different, you may find that your helmet ear cavities are not placed optimally. If this is the case consider placing the speakers outside your helmet ear cavities right opposite your ears.
While your unit comes right out of the box with one of the best set of speakers in the business, you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the 3.5mm Jack port and ride on.
Download ROHS-COC Certificate
Download Spirit Declaration of Compliance
Download How can I get SAFETY & WARRANTY
Frequently asked questions
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.