Release notes 3.4
The update you’ve all been waiting for. Cardo Dynamic Mesh (DMC) and Sena Mesh 2.0 intercoms can now cross-communicate reliably!
- Just use a Bluetooth bridge between a single Cardo DMC and a Sena Mesh* unit, and you are good to go! The Bluetooth connection will automatically recover in case of disconnection keeping the combined group together * Not including Sena Spyder and other mesh-only units by Sena.
- Also, the intercom experience on the Sena side has been improved, allowing for a more reliable audio multi-tasking experience (yes, we take care of our competitor’s units as well).
- We have improved our fast charging, making it even more robust and reliable.
- As always, we took care of removing some bugs from your windshield, so your ride is pitch-perfect and clear.
Release notes 3.2
Love Bluetooth brands that don’t talk to each other? Neither do we! That’s why the following release is one we are extremely proud of. On top of your current OBi connectivity, your device can now also seamlessly communicate with the latest generation Senas, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Forget the hassle of using Bluetooth devices of different brands. The experience will be as seamless as connecting and communicating between two devices of the same brand and won’t require universal pairing on either side. Just pair, connect, and go.
- Eat the cake and keep it whole! No more sacrificing the mobile connection channels, you will keep the ability to receive phone calls, and navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Please note that, just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Release Notes 3.1
* Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu) *
If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you!
The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
Release Notes 3.0
The below notes refer to users of FREECOM 4x, FREECOM 2x, SPIRIT HD and SPIRIT.
- Your unit now supports Open Bluetooth Intercom (Obi) – a new cross-industry standard allowing supported units from Cardo, Midland, and UClear to communicate seamlessly with one another. OBi will be activated automatically when paired to a supported device. No further toggling is needed.
- For non-OBi units, your unit can now integrate with any other Bluetooth brand more seamlessly. All you need to do is to pair your unit in Bluetooth mode like you would do to any other Cardo Unit. The other branded unit will pair through its own “universal pairing” channel. No more choosing between pairing to a non-Cardo unit or keeping your phone connection.
- Love leaving voice messages on your messaging app? WeChat, WhatsApp & Skype voice messages will now stream into your device more fluidly
- For our Spanish-speaking audience we say, “Hola Amigos!” We have resolved the issue of the system performing an unwanted “Redial Number” during an intercom chat.
- Two-way radio users (Professionals and first intervention units) the new software version will now allow integrating two-way radio input into an active mobile call. Function needs to be activated via the CardoConnect app setting screen.
- As always, we added some bug fixes. Essentially, it’s like adjusting your chain but without the injured fingers and messy grease stains.
Software Update 2.1
- Fixed music and navigation sound quality issues
in phones running Android 12th.
Cardo Updater 3.4
- Support for the new Freecom X and Spirit products has been added
- We’ve caught some Bugs on our visor and had them cleaned off.
Your intercom and radio features are completely phone independent. You wouldn’t need any phone to operate them. You would need a phone (or some other Bluetooth media player) to stream music and, of course, to make and receive calls.
Sound quality is best when the speakers are placed directly opposite your ear canal. Verify that the speakers are correctly placed inside your helmet by following the next steps.
1. With the helmet on, slide your finger inside the helmet and press against the side of the helmet where your ear is. This is where the speakers should be positioned.
2. Remove the helmet, but keep your finger in that spot. Check to make sure the speakers are in this position.
3. Make sure the speakers are positioned as close to your ear as possible so you can feel them. If necessary, use the included Velcro booster pads behind the speakers to get them closer to your ear.
4. Since every head is different, you may find that your helmet ear cavities are not placed optimally. If this is the case consider placing the speakers outside your helmet ear cavities right opposite your ears.
While your unit comes right out of the box with one of the best set of speakers in the business, you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the 3.5mm Jack port and ride on.
Download ROHS-COC Certificate
Download Spirit Declaration of Compliance
Download How can I get SAFETY & WARRANTY
Frequently asked questions
With Midland, Uclear and Sena latest generations communicators, the Bluetooth pairing will be identical as pairing to another Cardo unit.
In order to pair your unit with a non-Cardo headset please do the following:
- Start intercom pairing on your unit (please refer to your pocket guide or user manual on how to do it)
- On the other unit start universal pairing(if supported) or mobile phone pairing(if universal pairing is not supported)
- Wait For the pairing to complete
Your device can seamlessly communicate with the latest generations of Sena, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Pairing and communicating is the same as between two devices of the same brand. No need for universal pairing on either side. Follow the manuals’ instructions and start standard intercom pairing on both devices. Wait for the devices to pair. The intercom connection starts automatically after the pairing.
- You will keep the ability to receive phone calls, navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
- You should charge your battery from a wall outlet while making sure that the plug-in AC/DC adapter meets the following criteria: Input: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.2; Maximum Output: 5 V DC, 1 A; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if charged otherwise.
- You should be aware that the battery charging surroundings temperature limits are 0° - 40°C (32°-104°F);
- You should not tamper with the battery; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.”
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.