Release notes 3.4
The update you’ve all been waiting for. Cardo Dynamic Mesh (DMC) and Sena Mesh 2.0 intercoms can now cross-communicate reliably!
- Just use a Bluetooth bridge between a single Cardo DMC and a Sena Mesh* unit, and you are good to go! The Bluetooth connection will automatically recover in case of disconnection keeping the combined group together * Not including Sena Spyder and other mesh-only units by Sena.
- Also, the intercom experience on the Sena side has been improved, allowing for a more reliable audio multi-tasking experience (yes, we take care of our competitor’s units as well).
- We have improved our fast charging, making it even more robust and reliable.
- As always, we took care of removing some bugs from your windshield, so your ride is pitch-perfect and clear.
Release notes 3.2
Love Bluetooth brands that don’t talk to each other? Neither do we! That’s why the following release is one we are extremely proud of. On top of your current OBi connectivity, your device can now also seamlessly communicate with the latest generation Senas, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Forget the hassle of using Bluetooth devices of different brands. The experience will be as seamless as connecting and communicating between two devices of the same brand and won’t require universal pairing on either side. Just pair, connect, and go.
- Eat the cake and keep it whole! No more sacrificing the mobile connection channels, you will keep the ability to receive phone calls, and navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Please note that, just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
Release Notes 3.1
Enjoy unnecessary wind noise? Neither are we! This release corrects a bug that resulted in more apparent wind noise breaking through the microphone.
* Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu) *
If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you! The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
What is this feature for?
The intercom recording feature allows you to easily record your voice and Intercom conversation, save it to your Phone, and share it with just about anyone.
Which Cardo units support this feature?
PACKTALK EDGE (including all derivatives), PACKTALK NEO and PACKTALK CUSTOM (with Platinum Package)
Is the feature available with any version of the Cardo Connect App?
The feature is available with Cardo Connect App version 7.0 or higher.
Can I record intercom conversations with any other DMC unit?
You can record any intercom conversation in DMC mode. With a DMC intercom conversation using Bluetooth intercom bridge with any Bluetooth unit (Cardo or non-Cardo), it will be recorded as well.
Can I record intercom conversations in Bluetooth mode?
No, Intercom conversations can be recorded only on DMC mode.
Can I record my voice?
Yes, you can record your voice regardless of the intercom mode. Note, though, that when recording your voice,
music or phone calls interrupt your recording.
Can I pause and resume recording?
Yes, you can do that, this option is available in the Cardo Connect App.
What happens if I receive a phone call during a recording?
In this scenario the recording will be paused but will be resumed automatically after the call if the App is in the foreground. You can always resume the recording manually via the Cardo Connect App.
How do I save the recording?
When you’re done recording, you need to press the “Save” button, otherwise your recording will not be saved.
Can the recording be shared?
Absolutely – a recording saved on the phone can be shared with any external App that supports file sharing such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Dropbox and the like.
Can I remove the “Voice Recording” button from the home screen if I don’t need it?
Yes, you can remove the Voice Recording button from the home screen or bring it back at any time in the settings menu.
Watch the tutorial for more information.
Cardo offers a 2-year warranty for PACKTALK NEO, starting from the date of purchase, that covers product failures as detailed in the warranty document. Please keep your proof of purchase to reclaim your warranty.
PACKTALK NEO is fully compatible with all DMC products. It also connects to all Cardo units using regular Bluetooth pairing. G and Q units need to be on phone pairing mode before starting pairing.
PACKTALK NEO and PACKTALK EDGE offer the same level of technology and features. The main difference is in the mounting: PACKTALK EDGE features a magnetic Air Mount, whereas PACTALK NEO has a clickable mounting. In addition, charging while riding is possible only on PACKTALK EDGE. Additionally, PACKTALK NEO offers a 2-year warranty, while PACKTALK EDGE warranty is extended to 3 years.
No need for a cable, the Software update is Over the Air, using your mobile phone. Download the Cardo Connect app to your mobile phone, go to Settings, select your unit, and then click on the latest available software update. Updating with the latest software will keep your unit free of bugs and will provide you with additional new functionalities. We recommend you update your unit before first use.
Frequently asked questions
Your device can seamlessly communicate with the latest generations of Sena, directly via the standard Bluetooth intercom.
- Pairing and communicating is the same as between two devices of the same brand. No need for universal pairing on either side. Follow the manuals’ instructions and start standard intercom pairing on both devices. Wait for the devices to pair. The intercom connection starts automatically after the pairing.
- You will keep the ability to receive phone calls, navigation instructions and listen to music or FM on either side (parallel audio is based on the support of specific models).
- Just as music sharing is not supported between two different generations of Cardo products, it won’t be possible to share music between different brands.
Click here to watch the tutorial.
With Midland, Uclear and Sena latest generations communicators, the Bluetooth pairing will be identical as pairing to another Cardo unit.
In order to pair your unit with a non-Cardo headset please do the following:
- Start intercom pairing on your unit (please refer to your pocket guide or user manual on how to do it)
- On the other unit start universal pairing(if supported) or mobile phone pairing(if universal pairing is not supported)
- Wait For the pairing to complete
- You should charge your battery from a wall outlet while making sure that the plug-in AC/DC adapter meets the following criteria: Input: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.2; Maximum Output: 5 V DC, 1 A; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if charged otherwise.
- You should be aware that the battery charging surroundings temperature limits are 0° - 40°C (32°-104°F);
- You should not tamper with the battery; there is a risk of overheating and burning of the battery if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.”
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.