Honda Packtalk Edge
Release Notes 3.1
Enjoy unnecessary wind noise? Neither are we! This release corrects a bug that resulted in more apparent wind noise breaking through the microphone.
* Critical bug fix for smartphones running Android 13 (Tiramisu) *
If your Android 13 smartphone has issues connecting your Cardo Communicator with the Cardo Connect mobile app, this release is for you!
The 3.1 release fixes these connection issues, but in order to download it to your phone, you’ll need to choose one of the following two methods to update your unit.
Method 1 – via a non-Android 13 phone
- Pair your unit to an iPhone or a non-Android 13 phone
- Download and install Cardo Connect mobile app
- Activate the app and follow the on-screen instructions
Method 2- via a laptop/desktop connection
- connect a USB type C cable (such as the one that was supplied in the box) to a desktop or a laptop running Windows or macOS
- Click here and follow the instructions
PACKTALK EDGE is fully compatible with all DMC products. It also connect to all Cardo units using regular Bluetooth pairing. G and Q units need to be on phone pairing mode before starting pairing.
No need for a cable, the Software update is Over the Air, using your mobile phone. Download Cardo Connect app to your mobile phone, go to Settings, select your unit, and then click on the latest available software update. Of course, you can also update the software with a USB cable on your computer. Download and open the Cardo Update app from Cardo website, connect your unit and follow the instructions. Updating with the latest software will keep your unit free of bugs and will provide you with additional new functionalities. We recommend to update your unit before first use.
Your unit is equipped with the most advanced Bluetooth 5.2 chip in the market. It enables the integration of the latest audio technologies and improves significantly the quality of the Intercom. Bluetooth 5.2 is also more efficient and more secure, it offers faster pairing capabilities, as well as longer battery life.
Frequently asked questions
- Easier and faster pairing process: The pairing is rapid, lightning-fast, pairing a group of 10 communicators takes no more than a few seconds. We’ve also simplified the process itself by removing the group admin function. With DMC gen 2 pairing has never been so easy and so fast.
- Wideband intercom: DMC gen 2 provides a crystal clear wideband intercom voice szecond to none. Expect sound quality akeen to a good video conference.
- Air Mount: a completely revolutionary, simple, and secure magnetic mount.
- DMC 2nd generation: lightning-fast pairing and a crystal clear wideband intercom voice
- A complete redesigned sound system by JBL
- An improved natural voice operation with an improved noise-filtering microphone. PACKTALK EDGE is powered by Bluetooth 5.2, and also features in addition:
- Fast charging: 2 hours of talk time after 20 minutes of charge
- A robust USB Type-C port
- Over-the-air software uploaded via the Cardo Connect app.
Watch. Learn. Ride.
Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team.
A confirmation e-mail with your case number should arrive shortly.
If you didn’t receive such an e-mail, we suggest the following actions:
- Checking your spam folder
- Submitting your case with a different e-mail address
- Calling our support phone, found on our support page form
Thank you for your cooperation, Cardo team.