The science of sound
Founded more than 70 years ago JBL has been a magnet for audiophiles of every generation. Over months, JBL acousticians, mechanical experts and software engineers have modified and optimized all audio elements of Cardo's intercom systems to deliver a whole new 45 mm set of the best sound ever in a motorcycle communication system.
The best fit
Achieving good audio quality inside a motorcycle helmet is demanding. The wind, the road, the engine and the type of helmet, all affect the frequencies you hear. With that in mind, these 45 mm speakers combine the sound only a large diameter driver can provide, with a narrow, 42 mm base that can fit almost every modern helmet.
Join the sound revolution
With a standard 3.5mm jack, these speakers fit practically any communicator on the market, no matter what brand. Owners of Cardo FREECOM and PACKTALK series will enjoy extra boost with new JBL sound processor and firmware. Not a FREECOM or PACKTALK owner? No worries: this powerful hardware will still drive your headset audio performance to new heights.
What's in the box?
45mm AUDIO SET
SQUARE VELCRO PADS
SPEAKER REPOSITIONING PADS (BOOSTERS)
- 45mm AUDIO SET
- SQUARE VELCRO PADS
- SPEAKER REPOSITIONING PADS (BOOSTERS)
- REPLACEABLE COVERS
- ACTIVATION GUIDE
What am I getting?
JBL Approved 45 mm Speakers
JBL Sound Processing
JBL Equalizer Sound Profiles
PACKTALK Bold JBL (2019)
PACKTALK Slim JBL (2019)
PACKTALK Bold (2018)
PACKTALK Slim (2018)
Legacy Cardo Products with a 3.5mm jack
Non-Cardo Products with a 3.5mm jack
* JBL sound processor already exists in the product
How do I activate my 45mm Audio set?
- Don't have our "Cardo Connect" app yet? Now would be a good time to Download it from the "Google Play" or "App Store," Get ready to elevate your sound experience!
- The app feels lonely, time to pair your mobile phone to the Cardo device so they could talk to each other.
- Let the activation begin: Enter the "Cardo Connect" app and go to the "settings" screen by pressing the icon on the upper left side of the home screen.
- In the "settings" screen you will see the "Audio profile" with a lock on its right side: time to pick that lock.
- Press the "audio profiles" where you will find the "Scan QR code" button. You are one step away from upgrading your sound.
- Once you Press "Scan QR code," you will be able to scan the QR code, printed inside your audio kit package.
- If you can't scan the QR code for some reason, you can press "enter the key manually." You can then enter the code printed below the QR code.
- Congratulations, you now have the best in class audio experience — time to show it off on social media.
What sound profiles are available with the 45mm Audio set?
Packtalk owners (including all Packtalk variants, Smartpack & SmartH) will enjoy three sound profiles specially designed by JBL sound engineers. These include Standard, Bass Boost, and Vocal. Sound profiles are accessible via the Cardo Connect App. Freecom owners will enjoy one audio profile (Standard). Other communicators do not have specially designed profiles.
Will the 45mm set fit inside my helmet?
The 45mm Audio Set is designed with a narrow 42mm base which means it would fit most modern helmets. If you are replacing a currently installed Cardo 40mm speakers, it is almost certain the new pair will fit inside. When in doubt, measure your Helmet’s ear cavities before ordering.
Do I need to upgrade the firmware of my device before installing?
Owners of Packtalk (including all Packtalk variants, Smartpack & SmatH) and Freecoms, will first need to update device firmware to the latest version before proceeding. Updating the firmware will ensure maximum audio performance. Owners of other communicators (from Cardo, or other brands) do not have a specially designed firmware and are not requested to perform any firmware update before connecting the speakers.
Which motorcycle communication system is compatible with the 45mm Audio set?
The 45mm Audio Set fit any communicator with a standard 3.5mm audio jack. Packtalk & Freecom owners will enjoy additional sound boost by installing and activating the specially-designed JBL firmware.
I have already purchased a “Sound by JBL” Cardo product. Do I need to purchase the 45mm Audio set”?
While your 2019 Packtalk Bold, Packtalk Slim, and Freecom 4+ come already equipped with Sound by JBL speakers and firmware, the 45mm Audio Set will allow for an even further improvement to your audio experience. No firmware update is needed.
Unlock it’s full power
Keep your Cardo communication system updated with the latest firmware. We keep improving our units as part of our commitment to our riders.
Claim your warranty
Register your unit on the Cardo Community and receive two years of warranty from the date of purchase.