Cardo Systems Breaks the One Mile Barrier
Announces Its Most Advanced Bike-to-Bike scala rider® G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth® Headset
The scala rider G4 Offers Intercom with Three Other Headsets at Distances up to 1.6 km*; Also Compatible with Bluetooth®-Enabled Mobile Phone, Stereo A2DP Music and GPS Units
Pittsburgh, PA – (January 27, 2010) – Cardo Systems, Inc., the world’s market leader in wireless Bluetooth® communications for motorcycle helmet headsets, today announced the availability of its new scala rider® G4™, the most feature-rich bike-to-bike Bluetooth headset available on the market today. From compatibility with any number of Bluetooth-enabled devices to its embedded FM radio, mobile phone support and voice activation, the scala rider G4 is also the first Bluetooth headset to offer group intercom between up to three riders as well as communication among two riders and their two passengers on two bikes at distances up to 1.6 km*—a new industry benchmark for motorcycle headsets.
Encased in a rugged and fully redesigned form factor, the scala rider G4 leads the pack in Bluetooth enjoyment and safety of accessing all their compatible communications and entertainment through one lightweight unit. Specific features include:
- Two/Three/Four-Way Intercom — the G4 allows four riders (two drivers and two passengers), three riders (three separate bikers) or two riders (rider-to-rider or rider-to-passenger), to conduct intercom conversations at distances of up to 1.6 km*. The headset offers full duplex (simultaneous talking/listening) capability as well as mobile phone call conferencing between riders,between rider and passenger, or with outside callers.
- Multi-Device Compatibility — the G4 can connect with virtually any portable Bluetooth device including mobile phones, MP3 players and compatible GPS units (for in-helmet voice instructions). It can also connect with non-Bluetooth MP3 players and GPS units via its embedded jack, as well as the entire line of scala rider headsets.** Each G4 headset can be actively connected to one Bluetooth device and two other scala rider headsets at one time.
- A2DP Stereo Music — taking advantage of A2DP, the latest Bluetooth stereo music transfer technology, the G4 can receive CD-quality music from any MP3 player with A2DP capability.
- Built-In FM Radio with RDS and scan and seek features with six station channel memory.
- VOX Activation allows users to make voice-controlled hands-free intercom calls as well as phone calls with answer, voice dial and call reject functions.
- AGC Technology automatically adjusts the headset volume based on ambient noise and driving speed.
- PLC Technology – provides improved audio quality in dense urban surroundings
- Software Upgrades Download (requires Windows™ XP or Vista)
- Spoken Status Announcements - multi-lingual in-the-ear announcements tell users to whom or to which device they are connected to.
“Cardo’s new scala rider G4 takes all the power of wireless communications and entertainment today, and puts it in one amazing package. There’s no Bluetooth headset on the market that revolutionizes a biker’s riding experience like the G4.” says Abraham Glezerman, CEO of Cardo Systems, Inc. “This is our most exciting motorcycle headset yet — a breakthrough that can greatly improve enjoyment and safety for single riders or groups, passengers and drivers alike.”
As with all scala rider headsets, the G4 features a noise canceling microphone and weather-resistant design. Talk time with the unit’s rechargeable Li-Po battery is up to 10 hours and standby time is up to 10 days.
The scala rider G4 fits virtually all ¾ and full-face helmets and can be self-installed in five minutes. The headset is now available through select distributors, specialty motorcycle shops, and directly from the Cardo Systems web site at www.cardosystems.com with a suggested retail price of €239.95.
*Range may vary according to terrain
**Reduced operational range when connected to earlier scala rider models
About Cardo Systems, Inc.
Cardo Systems, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, specializes since 2003 in the design, development, manufacturing and sale of state-of-the-art communication and entertainment systems for motorcycle helmets. Cardo's scala rider line of headsets, now available in over 50 countries is the world's best selling Bluetooth system for the motorcycle industry.
International Press Contact: Hanita Rosenthal, firstname.lastname@example.org