CARDO SYSTEMS, INC. LAUNCHES NEW BLUETOOTH™ HEADSET THAT PROVIDES WIRELESS FREEDOM TO MOTORCYCLISTS
PITTSBURGH, PA - Cardo Systems, Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless Bluetooth devices for the consumer market, today began shipping the scala-rider™, a unique Bluetooth headset for motorcycle helmets.
Specially designed for motorcycle helmets, the scala-rider includes a wind-resistant microphone that provides clear audio for communicating while riding a motorcycle at speeds of up to 75 m/h. Unlike any competing product, the scala-rider also offers unique voice control functions that allow users to accept incoming calls without the need to let go of the handlebar. To add further safety the scala-rider also features an embedded sensor that adjusts the volume level according to driving speed and ambient noise.
The fashionable scala-rider kit works with all Bluetooth mobile phones and offers superb functionality ease of use and assembly. The unit attaches to the helmet without glue or other intrusive means and its super slim speaker fits all helmets.
"The new scala-rider Bluetooth Headset is a truly unique and immensely feature-rich solution to a real need," said Abraham Glezerman, Cardo's Chairman and CEO. "Now motorcyclists too can benefit from wireless hands-free communication without compromising security or comfort. By empowering motorcycle enthusiasts with cellular use, scala-rider is poised to add a huge and hitherto largely neglected community to the world of wireless mobile communication".
scala-rider unique advantages for bikers:
- Receive or reject calls directly from the headset or by voice control while riding a motorcycle, without the need to let go of the handlebar.
- Use a small, stream-lined headset that is fully weather protected even in rainy and snowy conditions.
- Self-install and begin using the entire system within five minutes, leaving no traces on the helmet when the headset is removed.
Cardo's quick-release and re-attachment mechanism for the headset unit renders glue and Velcro obsolete. Just slide it in and out.
- Take advantage of a high fidelity balancing (HIB) Microphone for clear audio even at inter-city speed conditions.
- Benefit from perfect speaker volume at all times without the need for manual adjustments. Thanks to Cardo's embedded automatic volume adjustment technology the speaker volume self-adjusts automatically according to ambient noise level and driving speed.
- Initiate or reject calls by voice control.
- Use the headset for approx. 7 hours until recharging from any regular outlet.
- The scala-rider Bluetooth Headset is available through select distributors, retail outlets, specialty motorcycle shops, and directly from the Cardo website with an introductory SRP of $149.95. For a complete listing of outlets that offer the scala rider, please visit www.cardosystems.com .
About Cardo Systems, Inc.
Cardo Systems, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and sale of innovative wireless Bluetooth® consumer electronic devices. Cardo products include the award winning scala-700™, scala-600™and scala-500™ Bluetooth® headsets; the scala-rider™ line of innovative Bluetooth® headsets for motorcycle helmets; and Bluetooth® adapters, which convert any standard mobile or cordless land-line phone into Bluetooth® capable devices.
Cardo Systems, Inc.
100 High Tower Blvd., Suite 101, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Phone: (412) 788-4533, Toll-Free 1-800 488-0363, Fax: (412) 788-0270
S&S Public Relations
908 685 2300