G9 INTERCOM PAIRING WITH OTHER SCALA RIDER MODELS
- The G9 is compatible with ALL scala rider models. It is also compatible for use with Schuberth’s SRC-System. Make sure you have the user manuals of both units available.
- Intercom range with a G9 is dependent upon the maximum range of the other scala rider model. When connected to a Q1, Solo, FM, TeamSet PRO or TeamSet Driver unit – only Rider-to-Passenger Intercom is available.
- Before starting the intercom pairing process, first make sure both units are turned ON and in Standby mode (consult the User Manual of each unit).
- Intercom is Full Duplex - all parties can speak and hear one another simultaneously, similar to phone conversations and unlike walkie-talkie communication.
- Selecting a Channel that is already in use will replace the paired device on that Channel with the newly paired headset.
- If the Pairing process is not completed within two minutes the units will return to Standby mode.
ENTER INTERCOM PAIRING MODE ON THE SCALA RIDER G9:
On the G9, select a Channel (A or B) to pair the other unit on. Press the desired Channel button for at least 5 seconds until the Red or Blue LED begins flashing rapidly.
ENTER INTERCOM PAIRING MODE ON THE SECOND UNIT:
Press the desired Channel button for at least 5 seconds until the Red or Blue LED begins flashing rapidly.
Once both units stop flashing they will display a solid Red or Blue LED (according to the Channel) for 2 seconds to confirm that they are paired and ready to make / receive intercom calls.
(For best results, pair both the G9 and Q3 via Channel A.)
Press the “IC” button for 5 seconds to enter pairing mode. On the Q3, channel A pairs automatically.
On the Q2/Q2 PRO, press the CTRL and MC buttons until the LED begins flashing RED rapidly.
Once both units stop flashing they will display a solid Red LED for 2 seconds to confirm that they are paired and ready to make / receive intercom calls.
Press and hold the CTRL and IC buttons until the Red/Blue LEDs begin rapidly alternating.
Solo, FM, or TeamSet Driver unit:
Press and hold the CTRL Button until the Red/Blue lights begin rapidly alternating.
NOTE: When using a scala rider Solo, FM, TeamSet PRO or a TeamSet Driver unit to serve as the Passenger unit, Voice Connect Intercom can only be initiated from the G9. However, you can always initiate the Intercom manually from the other scala rider unit by pressing the button.
The following models are compatible for spontaneous "Click-to-Link" intercom:
G4 (from s/w version 3.0)