G9 INTERCOM PAIRING WITH OTHER SCALA RIDER MODELS
IF YOU USE YOUR G9 FOR INTERCOM WITH THE FOLLOWING SCALA RIDER 'LEGACY' PRODUCTS - SOLO, FM, TEAMSET, TEAMSET PRO OR Q2 MODELS, YOU MAY WISH TO REMAIN WITH SOFTWARE V1.6 FOR COMPATIBILITY REASONS.
- Software version 2.0 of the scala rider G9 is compatible with the following scala rider models: Q2 PRO, Q1, Q1 TeamSet, Q3, Q3 MultiSet, G9x, G9x PowerSet and cardo SHO-1 / SHO-1 DUO. It is also compatible for use with Schuberth’s SRC-System. Make sure you have the user manuals of both units available.
- Intercom range with a G9 is dependent upon the maximum range of the other scala rider model. When connected to a Q1 or TeamSet PRO unit – only Rider-to-Passenger Intercom is available.
- Before starting the intercom pairing process, first make sure both units are turned ON and in Standby mode (consult the User Manual of each unit).
- Intercom is Full Duplex - all parties can speak and hear one another simultaneously, similar to phone conversations and unlike walkie-talkie communication.
- Selecting a Channel that is already in use will replace the paired device on that Channel with the newly paired headset.
- If the Pairing process is not completed within two minutes the units will return to Standby mode.
ENTER INTERCOM PAIRING MODE ON THE SCALA RIDER G9:
On the G9, select a Channel (A or B) to pair the other unit on. Press the desired Channel button for at least 5 seconds until the Red or Blue LED begins flashing rapidly.
ENTER INTERCOM PAIRING MODE ON THE SECOND UNIT:
Press the desired Channel button for at least 5 seconds until the Red or Blue LED begins flashing rapidly.
Once both units stop flashing they will display a solid Red or Blue LED (according to the Channel) for 2 seconds to confirm that they are paired and ready to make / receive intercom calls.
(For best results, pair both the G9 and Q3 via Channel A.)
Press the “IC” button for 5 seconds to enter pairing mode. On the Q3, channel A pairs automatically.
On the Q2/Q2 PRO, press the CTRL and MC buttons until the LED begins flashing RED rapidly.
Once both units stop flashing they will display a solid Red LED for 2 seconds to confirm that they are paired and ready to make / receive intercom calls.
The following models are compatible for spontaneous "Click-to-Link" intercom:
G4 (from s/w version 3.0)
G9 / G9x